PAGES

Sunday, July 31, 2011

CORN SALSA ~

 Finally ~ The last of the Produce!

I've made Black Bean Salsa with corn in it, but, I've never made just "Corn" Salsa.  I tried it and it tasted very refreshing and clean. I am happy once again! I used lime juice which helps it taste fresh.  I roasted the corn on top of the stove in a pot with some Olive Oil.  I added some chipotle peppers.  I cut up the rest of the mini plum tomatoes that Regina gave me, added diced red onion, jalapenos, cilantro, cumin, diced red pepper, a touch of red wine vinegar, kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.  Yummy~  I made homemade pizza tonight too.  I used my fresh red plum tomato sauce, put the salsa on it and then some good white cheddar, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.  It was very good too.
                                                      Corn to Shuck

Corn to clean and cut off the cobb....lots of it !!

An entire garbage full of it !  My compost is going to be so happy !!

Ready to put in canning jars!  Yummy and Fresh !


Canned....I am done for the night !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comment and will get back to you~